Vegan Indian Dahl Recipe with Healing Turmeric
3 cups red lentils,
1/2 cup yellow split pea
1 cup organic coconut milk
2 -3 cups hot water with veggie stock (KALLO)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated or crushed
1 onion, finely diced
1 tsp coconut oil or ghee
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala
toasted cumin seeds
fresh parsley, coriander (optional)
1 cup frozen or fresh spinach leaves
½ tsp Sea salt or Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
gluten free pitta bread
- Toast the cumin seeds for 3 -4 minutes
- Give the red lentils and yellow split peas a good rinse with water and drain
- In a saucepan heat the coconut oil, add the onion, garlic, garam masala, paprika, pepper, salt and turmeric
- Add the lentils and veggie stock, bring to boil and let simmer for 15 minutes. steer often, it burns easily.
- Add coconut milk and spinach, parsley and mix well, simmer for an other 5-8 minutes. Taste for extra seasoning and add salt.
- Serve with warm gluten free pitta bread.
TIP: To boost nutrients don’t cook the spinach, just fold in the fresh, raw leaves in the end of cooking time.
Works really well with kale and savoy cabbage too during winter month. Please note you might have to cook it longer if you use kale or savoy cabbage.